North Star, the state’s new school accountability system, includes indicators for determining student academic progress and achievement. New Century School:
- Recognized for being in the top 5 percent of schools on one of the multiple measures of success
- 1st Position (Statewide Charter Schools): High academic growth in Reading
- 5th Position (Statewide Charter Schools): High academic growth in Math.
- One of the highest science results (Higher than Statewide average).
- Progress towards English Language Proficiency: NCS’s performance (77.1%) was higher than the statewide average (67%).
- High Attendance Percentage (Over 95%)
- Authorizer Award: 2018 most improved school in Reading, Math and Overall Academic work